Saturday 19 February 2011

Workshop 2

In the second workshop Richard introduced us to some new simple techniques, he then set us a task, we had to fold an a piece of paper in half and then cut sections down the centre and experiment with the outcome.

This activity produced some interesting ideas to continue with, I began initially by twisting the paper which developed a shell shape similar to what i'd been working with last week.
 I continued trying to roll the paper but came out with the same sort of sea shell shape. The image below was just an idea caught by chance and reminded me of waves.
 Next I tried twisting the paper in an uncontrolled way, I really liked the outcome of this, it was just a struggle to get it to stay in a similar shape without holding it, it would be really tricky to try and fix it permanently in this position


 After i'd finished fiddling about with twisting the paper I began trying to compact it, this is another one of the outcomes I really liked. The images below remind me of sculpture like forms.



No comments:

Post a Comment