Sunday 20 February 2011

Workshop 3

During the third workshop Richard introduced a couple more techniques to us but by this point it was really a chance to develop what we had already learnt. I was still interested in trying out new techniques to develop though so I carried on working on some of the new ideas Richard showed us instead.
 I created this piece using cut outs of a curved triangular shape, then using the excess edges as the joins, I was quite please with the outcome and would like to experiment with smaller triangles and more faces.
 I twisted and curved the remains of my template paper I had left but didn't have much success with turning it into anything, it does remind me a bit of a butterfly cocoon though

This was another technique Richard showed us, I thought it would be an interesting idea to try and make mini versions, this was a really bad idea it was so fiddly I couldn't even complete it into a sphere, i'd definitely like to look at this again in a larger size.

No comments:

Post a Comment