Thursday 3 March 2011

Architecture

Moving on with the topic of structures onto that of man made, focusing firstly on architecture which is a massive interest of mine. I looked mainly into modern architecture as I felt the use of curves and open space would be more inspiring and a more interesting idea to replicate.

I love this building, the curves make it really unusual and eye catching. It's a housing development in Denmark.


Repeated patterns, simply structured.


working with layers, building them up to create something filled with detail.


The gherkin! I like the diamond pattern linked with the twisted effect, possibly could play with this idea.


A similar design, I think the negative space makes quite a feature. 


I love this structure, the effect the sphere has is again a really effective design. Gives me the idea of building shapes into each other.

I'm going to look further into architects and repeated patterns in buildings along with anything else I find inspirational and relevant to this route.



No comments:

Post a Comment